GOVERNMENT REGULATION ASSISTANCE
As Covid-19 evolves and continues to impact our economy, we, as the South Sound, need to be aware of of legislative actions by all levels of government. We also need to assess how we, as a community, should respond and adjust to changes as they happen. It is crucial we have a coalition that is successfully leading the South Sound during this crisis.
- WA State guide on general coronavirus prevention under Stay Home – Stay Healthy Order https://lni.wa.gov/safety-health/safety-rules/enforcement-policies/DD170.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
- Resources from ADA https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/wysk/wysk_ada_rehabilitaion_act_coronavirus.cfm
- OSHA Workplace Guide and Standards – https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf and their Standards: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/standards.html
- Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Washington – Following President Donald J. Trump’s emergency declaration pursuant to the Stafford Act, the U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued guidance allowing all individual and other non-corporate tax filers to defer up to $1 million of federal income tax (including self-employment tax) payments due on April 15, 2020, until July 15, 2020, without penalties or interest.
- The guidance also allows corporate taxpayers a similar deferment of up to $10 million of federal income tax payments that would be due on April 15, 2020, until July 15, 2020, without penalties or interest. This guidance does not change the April 15 filing deadline.
- This deferment allows those who owe a payment to the IRS to defer the payment until July 15 without interest or penalties.